Deep web or the invisible web is the part of the internet/web that is/can not be indexed by the search Engines!
Means anything that even Google cannot find is ‘Deep web’. 😛 Yeah there is Something which, even Google can’t find!
– The Deep Web contains 7500 Terabytes of information. The Surface Web, in comparison, contains 19 terabytes of content.
– 550 billion individual documents can be found on the Deep Web compared to the Surface Web’s 1 billion individual documents.
– Together, the 60 largest Deep Web sites contain around 750 terabytes of data, surpassing the size of the entire Surface Web 40 times
The reason for such a huge amount of data is that Deep Web comprises:
1. Private web – websites which require login and can’t be accessed by search engine. For eg. the data stored in your bank a/c’s login, the servers managed by large corporations for personal use or limited use.
2. Since only the content delivered by server can be accessed by the search engine a large part remains unindexed. For example for a website developed in RoR/Php only the final scripted code returned by server is accessible to the search engine.
3. The non-HTML content like multimedia or formats which are not supported by search engines.
There are many more reasons…
Don’t, Strictly, don’t even try to visit the websites without precautions and proper research!
I’am not promoting ‘Deep Dark web’ or any content related to it, this post is just for information purpose, to tell that such things exist!
Darknet is a part of Deep Web, but it offers all kinds of illegal activity…you just name it and you can find it. Drugs, prostitution, arms, hitmans and many more…
Some of the websites that I found on deep web!
A website selling stolen apple products!
Some websites which are selling drugs!
Arms selling website!
Hire a Hit-man!
But wait….Dark-net has a bright side too! The Govt. might be considering it illegal, but still..
The wikileaks mirror website.
A website promoting various revolutions started by citizens in various countries, providing news and talks.
At last, I would just like to say – ‘Technology provides us ability to do many things, it’s upto us how we use it!’.