There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.
The primary mode of revenue generation is business partnerships.
To understand how this works, let’s take an example. Suppose you went to Travel agent and he offers all sorts of travel packages and he doesn’t charge you! Now you might be wondering how does he makes money! What he does is that he contacts all the Transport and Hospitality service providers and asks them to give him a percentage of business he brings to them. So whenever you go to the travel agent and book tickets he will be generating revenue without you ever knowing.
In case of Foursquare, it’s with daily deal partnerships which local businesses from companies, foursquare offers some deal to it’s customers and charges from the company. And one more mode of revenue stream is marketing program partnerships, where it allows you to find special deals with specific payment cards/options.
Now you know why and how, a big consumer base matters while monetzing your product.
Whenever you see something like this on foursquare, you know that they just made some money!
If you want to make a static website for your own purposes (or just for fun). Then you are on right track just follow the basics instructions and will end up having a website of your own!
Okay, let’s get started!
Getting a Domain name
- Go to godaddy.com/ namecheap.com search for your preferred name, check if available, be creative about it because it’s most likely that you will not find it available.
- For personal webpage try getting .me(it’s actually is a country level TLD but still increasingly used for personal use) TLD or if you want to extend your domain to professional use get a .com/.co TLD.
- After you have decided your Domain Name, always visit services like retailmenot.com and find a valid offer for that TLD. If you are lucky you can get discounts upto 50%!
- Buy that domain. Also check what free services you will be getting with that domain, like free web-hosting service, free e-mails, website builder, etc.
Get a hosting service!
- Free Service. A WEB-hosting service, if want a money saver service, 000webhost.com is a good choice. It’s Free for upto 1.5GB data and 100GB bandwidth.
- Paid Service. If you want good, speedy and reliable website then better go for a paid hosting service like hostgator.com or any other service you find cheap (Google for it!). For this you will be charged at about 250/month for the basic plan. With services like unlimited subdomains and emails. With an uptime greater than 99.9%.
Designing the Web-pages!
- For designing you can either use the website builder provided by the hosting service, they are pretty good for personal websites like about pages!
- OR you can go for a CMS like joomla or WORDPRESS, wordpress is very famous nowadays for having websites with a blog in it. About 15% of top 1 Million Alexa Websites are built on wordpress. If you choose a CMS then find a nice theme (just Google for it!).
- THE BEST WAY. And if you are still not satisfied and a want learn more then go and learn HTML, CSS, JS! And create one of your own! For learning try codecademy.org, they are pretty good!
Make it LIVE!
- If you have used ‘Website-Builder’ then just click on PUBLISH, you are live!
- If CMS, then there is specific methods for different CMS. Depending upon the CMS you have used go to their website and follow instructions!
- If designed one of your own! (Good for you, it’s the second easiest)
1. Download filezilla, it’s a freeware software!
3. Get all your files ready
Oh! I missed second! Actually it’s obvious, install filezilla 😛
4. Log-on to your ftp server using filezilla, you will get the details from your hosting service.
5. Upload all the files onto your server!
What are you waiting for, it’s live go check it out on yourdomain.tld!
P.S. – If you have any doubts and need any further guidance drop a mail at email@example.com.
If you’re good at something, never do it for free.
Deep web or the invisible web is the part of the internet/web that is/can not be indexed by the search Engines!
Means anything that even Google cannot find is ‘Deep web’. 😛 Yeah there is Something which, even Google can’t find!
– The Deep Web contains 7500 Terabytes of information. The Surface Web, in comparison, contains 19 terabytes of content.
– 550 billion individual documents can be found on the Deep Web compared to the Surface Web’s 1 billion individual documents.
– Together, the 60 largest Deep Web sites contain around 750 terabytes of data, surpassing the size of the entire Surface Web 40 times
The reason for such a huge amount of data is that Deep Web comprises:
1. Private web – websites which require login and can’t be accessed by search engine. For eg. the data stored in your bank a/c’s login, the servers managed by large corporations for personal use or limited use.
2. Since only the content delivered by server can be accessed by the search engine a large part remains unindexed. For example for a website developed in RoR/Php only the final scripted code returned by server is accessible to the search engine.
3. The non-HTML content like multimedia or formats which are not supported by search engines.
There are many more reasons…
Don’t, Strictly, don’t even try to visit the websites without precautions and proper research!
I’am not promoting ‘Deep Dark web’ or any content related to it, this post is just for information purpose, to tell that such things exist!
Darknet is a part of Deep Web, but it offers all kinds of illegal activity…you just name it and you can find it. Drugs, prostitution, arms, hitmans and many more…
Some of the websites that I found on deep web!
A website selling stolen apple products!
Some websites which are selling drugs!
Arms selling website!
Hire a Hit-man!
But wait….Dark-net has a bright side too! The Govt. might be considering it illegal, but still..
The wikileaks mirror website.
A website promoting various revolutions started by citizens in various countries, providing news and talks.
At last, I would just like to say – ‘Technology provides us ability to do many things, it’s upto us how we use it!’.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.